It doesn’t matter if you only use it to store and display your wine & spirits collection. An IKEA home bar can add lots of style and functionality to your kitchen.
With a few tweaks and a clever use of IKEA panels, we designed a home bar that looks like a custom unit. The budget for this project was $1,541 and it was designed with ADEL off-white doors.
Here’s what you’ll need for this IKEA home bar:
A few more details about the construction of this IKEA home bar:
- All the base drawer cabinets have a 12″ depth, great for small spaces such as kitchen walkways, living rooms or a dining room.
- There are 6 cover panels in total: 4 for each exposed side of the wall cabinets and 2 more, one for each side of the base cabinets row.
- We included an additional 3’x8′ panel to cover the exposed side of the wall cabinet at the middle.
- The wall cabinet with glass doors has been “pulled” a few inches away from the wall and the panel adds extra support and makes the space look finished.
- A “pulled” cabinet gives the illusion of a deeper wall cabinet when in reality it’s just a result of a clever design.
These are the dimensions for the completed project:
For more ideas for a custom IKEA kitchen design, take a look at these other blog entries: