We know how hard it can be to make a white IKEA kitchen look beautiful. After all, you don’t want a cookie-cutter look for your kitchen from the big, bad Swedish mega-store; you want to use their kitchen cabinets to save money and then be able to splurge on other goodies such as a sturdy countertop, new lighting or appliances.
Our customers wanted to give their old-fashioned white kitchen a few splashes of color. Keeping appliances in the same place would help them save lots of money and ADEL doors would keep the space from looking too traditional. Take a look at this IKEA kitchen remodel for contemporary ideas for your own home! The project was completed with a $4,230 budget.
First of all, let’s see what needs to be improved in this white kitchen:
- The island needs to be re-arranged. It’s currently too big for the space and blocks traffic in front of the main door.
- Cabinets start to look outdated with their raised panel profile, this needs to change.
- Dark counters and ceramic tiles at the backsplash area make the kitchen look older and cramped.
- A microwave needs to be integrated with the design.
- The kitchen’s workflow needs to take new appliances into consideration, keeping them comfortably close.