The AKURUM cabinets from IKEA were discontinued by the manufacturer after the date this article was published.
Some appliances will require a cabinet that’s specifically built for them. This is the case with drop-in ranges. IKEA doesn’t offer a cabinet for drop-in ranges but we’ll show you the components you need for an IKEA custom cabinet that will hold a 30″ drop-in range.
A drop in-range is a stove that sits on top of the counter top. It is not a free-standing unit and requires support from and around the counter top. It hangs from a cutout on the counter. Here are the materials needed for the customized IKEA cabinet that you’ll need for your drop-in range shown in our example:
- One thing to consider before choosing a drop-in range is the location and size of the countertop on which you will be placing the drop-in range.
- There are specific mounting requirements and fire-blocking requirements that need to be met. Please review local regulations with your contractor.
- Different models will have different mounting and support requirements.
- Install additional reinforcement to secure the drop-in range to the AKURUM base cabinet.
- Typically, the cabinet material around a drop-in range is either fillers made from PERFEKTcover panels or an IKEA front for integrated appliances as a front panel.
- Drop-in ranges have unfinished sides. Consider installing PERFEKT cover panels for base cabinets.