There are three more weeks until IKEA officially unveils SEKTION, its new kitchen line that’s replacing AKURUM in North America. IKEA has been so secretive about SEKTION that IKEA fans have been desperate to know what this new kitchen line could mean for them.
IKEA kitchen customers and fans are eagerly awaiting the arrival of SEKTION..but wait.
Aren’t IKEA showrooms already setting up? Why yes, they are.
Your IKEA kitchen blogger does leave the safety of his office now and then to gather real, in-the-field intelligence.
Intelligence that can only be found behind the heavy plastic sheet hiding IKEA kitchen showrooms as they get set up with SEKTION.
Hey, we go the extra mile for our customers!
SEKTION Rumor Has It
After snapping a few pictures, I found a SEKTION coordinator for interrogation.
Just kidding, our conversation was very friendly. All of what she told me is strictly off the record.
IKEA SEKTION Doors – KEY INFO
- current door styles will be re-named to brand them with the SEKTION line.
- STAT, ABSTRAKT cream, RAMSJO white and red-brown door styles will be discontinued
- three new door styles will be introduced. One is similar to STAT. Details about the second and third door styles are unknown, but will come out in August.
IKEA SEKTION Accent Doors – KEY INFO
- SEKTION will still have stainless steel and aluminum/glass accent doors.
- red and turquoise accent door colors will be discontinued
- two new accent door colors – green and yellow – will be added
IKEA SEKTION Drawers – KEY INFO
- Sizing will change for some drawer configurations, although the height will remain the same.
- Interior metal will be white, not grey as before SEKTION.
- Interior color options will be white and grey.
IKEA SEKTION Cabinets
From my “photo shoot!”
- Thin horizontal metal braces will be used for cabinet construction at the top of the cabinet
- Hanging rods for base and wall cabinets will be metal
- Extra side panel drilled holes for cabinet accessories
- New adjustable plastic legs
- All wood accessory inserts named VARIERA
The SEKTION Launch Clock is Ticking
We could sit back and wait for IKEA to tell us about SEKTION, but that’s not how we do at IKD. Your blogger won’t stop here. More in-the-field SEKTION developments to come.
(No kitchens or bloggers were hurt in the gathering of these SEKTION photographs and secrets.)